Submitted for review to Apple on April 1st. (Its not an April Fools joke!)
Changes for Version 2.2
This is customer requested features release – almost all features were requested by various users.
Feature Change ================
1. New BIG Feature for Render to File: (OpenCL rendering only)
You can stop the render and save the Render State to a file. This allows you to resume the render at a later date.
You can choose to Save all Render State when rendering. This allows you to add more Quality to the render later and experiment with Post processing parameter changes.
2. New Feature : Fractal Stash. Allows you to put your favorite fractals into a Stash window. The thumbnails in the Stash can be saved to a new composite fractal file.
3. New Feature (OpenCL rendering only) : Render State files. When render state is saved to disk, a new file with extension .flrs file is created. Finder Quicklook will show the fractal’s thumbnail rendering with a progress bar showing the saved rendering progress. You can open the Render State files from the app – it is a new supported file type.
4. New Feature (OpenCL rendering only): A new Render State panel shows the saved rendering state and allows you to Resume the render, Post Process again, or view the fractal’s Histogram.
5. New Feature (OpenCL rendering only): A Histogram Viewer panel shows the fractal histogram (part of the rendering state).
6. Fractal Symmetry is now one of the parameters that can be set for random fractal generation.
7. Gamma threshold is now supported by the OpenCL and CUDA renderers.
8. Variants Editor changes:
a) New Symmetry Tab – see how fractal symmetry variants effect image
a) New Final Transform Tab – experiment with change the final transform
c) Transform Options tab now shows sliders to vary the strength of the variation change for weight, color index, color speed, and variation weight.
9. Image viewer now supports either Actual Size or Size to Fit viewing options.