The Version 2.1 update is now available on the Mac App Store. It has a number of bug fixes and fulfills the Sandboxing requirement that Apple is imposing on all Mac App Store apps on Mac Lion.
Changes for Version 2.1
Big Change ================
1. The app has been Sandboxed on Lion Mac OS X to comply with Apple’s sandboxing requirement for Mac App Store products.
2. Rendering engines available have changed. Sandboxing the app (on Lion only) disables plugin renderers. So the renderers are:
Lion: OpenCL CPU and GPU (if OpenCL capable GPU is present on the system)
Snow Leopard: OpenCL CPU, CUDA (Nvidia GPU only, if CUDA installed on system), Flam3 (if user provides the Flam3 plugin)
3. On Lion, AV Foundation is used to render movies instead of QuickTime. The choice of Codecs for making movies is different (both support default H.264).
Bug Fixes =========
1. Fractals rendered to file with transparent backgrounds did not render properly.
2. Fixed possible crash when opening the Color Gradient editor seen only on certain Mac Pros.
3. Making a video from the Triangle editor no longer changes the fractal permanently.
4. Fixed View -> Variants menu entry being enabled when it should not be.
5. Fix for upside down vertical tiling of very large tiled images
6. Progress bar for very large tiled images no longer jumps back to 0% progress at start of rendering each tile.
7. CUDA renderer did not create Render Direct to Movie movies at the correct size. They were very small.
8. Rendering to file always created two or more fractal tiles, when only one was needed.
Minor Change ============
1. CUDA libraries have been updated to 4.1.28. Speed improvement.